|A message from Pastor Chris:|
I am both honored and humbled to be called to become the pastor of such a great church. I’m convinced that God has great things planned for us in our future at Church In The Acres. In just a small amount of time I have become quite fond of the members, and am excited at what God will do here. So many people at CIA have a passion for Jesus and a desire to know Him more! Now is the time to build on those passions and move to being a lighthouse in the community, and a place where the presence of God is over-powering! We can….and we WILL brightly shine the light of Jesus anew over Springfield!
In Philippians 3:12-17 Paul states something that we as a church must take to heart. He says, “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
We need to move on from the past. We need to rally the troops! We need to inflate the “balloon of positive thinking” and let it fly! We need to vow to let go of any of our own agenda’s and look to seeking God’s agenda. Each of us needs to ask ourselves the questions:
- What is my role in this church?
- Where can I get involved?
- How can I be an instrument of God’s love to all of my Christian brothers and sisters at CIA?
- What can I do myself to promote love in the church and quell dissention?
- How can I help the church heal from past hurts and division?
- How can I personally become a champion of fostering church unity?